You've turned off your cell phone and disrobed in the changing area, hung your clothes, and found a clean robe, towel, washcloth, and variety of bath products. You took a leisurely shower in our multi head shower area. You are enjoying our Jacuzzi spa with a view of the Pacific Ocean, feeling relaxed and warming up your muscles before your massage.
At your appointment time you will be invited into the massage room where the table is covered with fresh, clean linens. Scented candles perfume the air. Meditative music is playing softly. You choose from a variety of massasage oils to enhance your experience, including:
- Kama Sutra brand Healing Blend massage oil: When mind and muscles are weary, try a little tenderness with a silky massage oil drenched in healing herbs. Breathe in the calming bouquets of lavender, cardamom and nutmeg, the woodsy aroma of juniper to revive the spirit; and rosemaryan ancient medicinal whose touch relieves aching muscles and whose scent sharpens thought.
- The Body Shop brand Citrus Blend massage oil: This 100% natural blend enhances any massage with its exclusive blend of pure fruit and plant oils. Sweet almond and apricot kernel oils lubricate and soften the skin; mandarin orange and lemon essential oils provide the perfect touch of citrus aroma.
- Medicine Flower brand Sacred Sage massage oil: White Sage and Cedar have been used for thousands of years to purify living areas, ceremonial spaces and healing rooms. White Sage handpicked in the high desert mountains and other sacred herbs are blended in this unique blend to create balance and harmony.
- The Massage Store brand Sport hydrasperse oil: Contains Safflower oil, Sesame oil, Octyl Palimitate, PEG-40, Sorbitan, Peroleate, Sweet almond oil, Grapeseed oil, Avocado oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Tocopherol. With Clove leaf oil, Bay oil, and Cinnamon oil for Fragrance.
- The Massage Store brand Unscented massage oil: Pure blend of massage oils without scent.
I also use a variety of lotions including Sacred Earth Botanicals: Vegan Massage lotion. This is a dimethicone- and paraben- free product that is hypoallergenic and does not use any nut oils. It uses as many certified organic ingredients as possible (currently, no standards are in place for body care products to be certified organic by the USDA).
You remove your robe and climb onto the table face up, and cover yourself with the drape folded at the foot of the table, placing your head even with the edge of the table. When you are comfortable on the table I will enter and we discuss your questionnaire. I remind you that the only dumb question is the one that was never asked. I explain that the purpose of the massage is to provide stress relief, pain control and relaxation and that you always have control of the session and can always say "stop".
I begin by using a series of movements starting with your head, shoulders, arms, torso, hips, legs and feet. The purpose of the movements is to assess the level of resistance to my pressure. After the movements I may ask additional questions and together we will arrive at the course the massage will take.
You breathe in as I release pressure and out as I apply pressure. I will first concentrate my attention on the areas we discussed. After that, you will receive a full body massage. As each major body area is completed you will be toweled with a heated towel and then wrapped with it. You are relaxed and may even fall asleep. Nothing to be embarrassed about - I consider it a compliment if my client falls asleep. Don't worry about anything. This time is all about you!
As we come to the final five minutes of the massage, I begin to wake you up with more invigorating movements. By the end of the massage you should feel relaxed and invigorated and ready to face the rest of the day. As you finish your massage, I give you bottle of water and you drink the whole bottle and maybe another. After the massage you are welcome to relax and enjoy another shower to remove any excess oil.